Tuesday, October 14, 2008

From Sara, Almost 13

When I think of Bridget, I think of lentil soup, pancakes, and Burt's Bees baby wash. These items may sound completely random...but to me, they have purpose and meaning. Some of my best memories with Bridget are of snuggling after a bath, and her smelling like the Burt's Bees wash. It's kind of like her signature smell. I think of lentil soup and pancakes because those are two of her favorite foods to eat. I also have some not-so-good memories of cleaning lentil soup out of Bridget's hair and clothes :). I love Bridget so much, and I don't know what I would do without her. Since she was born, I have learned not to judge people by their imperfections, but to like them for who they truly are. This is the same with Bridget. I don't treat her any different than I would treat a sister without Down syndrome, and there are too many good qualities to name.

Love,

Sara

1 comment: