Friday, April 25, 2008

Introduction & Welcome

~ Welcome to Bridget's Light ~


If you've found us, you most likely know or love someone with Down syndrome. You might want to know more about life with Ds if you are pregnant and have a prenatal diagnosis (or are just suspecting). You may even be researching the diagnosis for a class. Whatever has brought you here--we're glad you stopped by.

We welcome readers into our lives with the hope of furthering understanding of Down syndrome, and helping others see how much Bridget has to offer, and all she brings to our lives.

A Ds diagnosis is far from the end of the world. We didn't anticipate having a child with Down syndrome, but have discovered that a path uncharted often offers unexpected rewards.
We are a happy family, living a happy life which happens to include Down syndrome. Our lives would not be the same without Bridget.


***

With that in mind...this page is meant to celebrate Bridget and Alina, and to share some of what we are learning from them. I will post pictures and thoughts on all aspects of Life with our girls. When possible, I'll post writing from other members of our family. 

Since I'll be doing most of the writing, it might be helpful to know a little bit about my perspective:

While recent years have brought some serious challenges (including my brain tumor diagnosis and treatment in 2004), I am probably as happy and content with Life as I’ve ever been. Each journey--each relationship, each experience--adds grit, substance and understanding.  I am thankful for all of it.

I believe that people are inherently good, and that there is a plan for each of us.  There are no coincidences.  The people and events in our lives are there because they are meant to be there.

I believe the universe is inherently friendly; that good things happen even in the worst of times; and that we make conscious choices to be hopeful, and to let love lead.

I have tremendous faith that, in the end, love always prevails.

Our family has been so deeply impacted by knowing and loving our two little girls--in a really good way. Now, it's my job to spread the goodness :)...

2 comments:

  1. This is beautifully written. I love how you wrote you're the luckiest unlucky people in the world. Our life was "uneventful" until I turned 40. John Michael has written a new story for us and we're happy to turn each page slowly, at his own pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are also the luckiest unlucky people in the world. So thankful for our little one and what she teaches us every day.

    ReplyDelete