Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

It seems to be the way of the world these days: Be the best, brightest, biggest (whatever you're trying to be). I've often wondered...how does Down syndrome fit into a society so obsessed with beauty, success and perfection?

I don't have the answer to that question, but I have my own theory: knowing and loving Bridget keeps me from getting in the way of myself.

As Bridget's mom, I've stopped looking to others to help me gauge my own worth. I am no longer concerned with what others might be thinking about me. I am not self-conscious.

If I take my daughter's lead, I live Life jubilantly. I trust. I try. I love. I don't rush. I don't judge. I don't miss a thing.

Bridget is so full of Life and beauty--and Life with Bridget, in turn, is full of dimension and meaning.

Bridget embodies goodness and honesty. She is light and truth, and she reminds me daily--this is it--this is what Life is all about.

This love,
this joy~~
that arrived with Bridget.
The significance,
and brilliance
in our days.
The moments of discovery,
and reflection.
Moments of peace~~
and laughter~~
and light.

I am so thankful for this little girl, and for this beautiful journey...

1 comment:

  1. keep on doing what you've been doing. i bet she is so proud to be your mama. great job!

    ReplyDelete