Saturday, April 16, 2011

Loving Alina, Forever Ours

One year ago today, Chris and I stood in a tiny courtroom in Ukraine as we petitioned to adopt a little girl abandoned at birth because she has Down syndrome. 

We knew in our hearts she was meant to be ours, and crossed the ocean for her. 

Today we celebrate Alina Caroline, our little cherry blossom, who officially joined our family on April 16, 2010.

**I have two more posts planned for today, one with pictures and video from Days 2, 3 and 4 at the orphanage, and another with more details from court and day 5 in region.  Check back later for those if you are interested :)...

4 comments:

  1. Oh I WILL be checking!!!!love it and love that little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy's birthday is April 16, and Alina joined your family on the same date. Another thread that binds our families together:)

    On my birthday, all I had was a picture of Sarah. On his, we're able to touch and hold her. Love is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 1 year in the family, Alina!! What an amazing year that's been, too. I just love following along and seeing what amazing sisters she and Bridget are.

    ReplyDelete