Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bridget & Her Daddy--Father's Day

Bridget adores her Daddy. And he adores her.
("DAD" was both her first sign and her first word!)



Just after Bridget was born, Chris took her in his arms and
whispered to her, "We've got you, sweetie".
He promised to love her and take care of her, always.
From that moment, he has never wavered.
He cares for her tenderly, willingly,
with eyes full of wonder and a heart full of love.



He beams when he looks at her.
He giggles at her impishness,
marvels and her energy and curiosity, and
delights in her tenacity.
He follows her lead without question
(even when it means giving in to her requests for ice cream at 10 a.m.).



The kids and I have brainstormed and come up with
some of the things Bridget loves about her Dad.
If she could, this is what we think she would say today:

Dear Daddy,

I love you.
I always want to know where you are,
and when you are gone I miss you.
You hug me, laugh with me and like to play games.
You come to get me out of bed if mommy isn't awake yet,
and you feed me (and change me) right away.

You make my hair pretty with ponytails and braids.
You take me outside to play.
You feed me food that mommy hasn't thought to let me try.
You always know exactly what I am trying to say.
You are the best Daddy in the world,
and you're mine!




Happy Father's Day!

(To Bridget's Daddy and all the other amazing dads out there!)

3 comments:

  1. Lisa...this is so sweet, and such sweet pictures!!

    Any chance you will be joining your husband out to Irvine on a business trip this summer?? I'd love to meet up with you if you are ever out here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... he sounds so great! Nice tribute and poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so touching and sweet. I love the photos and trying to capture what Bridget would like to say. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete