Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bridget, Big Sister

Like much of the rest of the country, our kids have been off school for several days due to all the snow. Add birthdays, Valentines, playdates, housework, real work and adoption paperwork...and there has been little time for blogging :). I have lots to say and share, though. I am going to try and post more early in the morning, when it is quiet around here.

Miss Bridget has been hilarious recently. She is doing so well with school and speech and potty training. I will try to do an update post on her development sometime this weekend and share a few funny stories.

For now, though, just a quick look into life in our household...

I was folding laundry yesterday afternoon and Bridget was on our bed eating a cracker (on daddy's side, of course). She took two crackers--one in each hand--and offered one to the computer screen, "Here. You." (it's for you). When I looked over, Bridget was holding the cracker to Alina's mouth :).

This is Alina on the computer screen--her little picture is all over our house--and Bridget, taking a break from Max & Ruby, to talk to her new little sister (and share a cracker):


10 comments:

  1. Bridget rocks!!!! Trying so hard to potty train Max now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for them to be together (in the flesh)!!! It's going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, already sharing and loving her sister. What a great big sister she will be. I look forward to seeing their relationship unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww!! How sweet! Made me smile. :-) I wonder if Matthew will be the same way when his sister arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet!!!! I bet she cannot wait to meet her new sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweetie! She is going to be such a wonderful big sister.

    Praying for you all and keeping up with this wonderful journey you are on. So excited for you and I can hardly wait to hear more about Alina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa-

    My name is Amy Marty and I first have to tell you that our husbands work for the same company. We too, have a daughter with Down syndrome. Her name is Emma and she is 4. I just started following your blog and I have enjoyed reading it. Bridget is a doll!!

    I have a question for you. How are you potty training Bridget. Emma is our 1st child and hasn't really shown a ton of interest but I know she is getting sick of the diaper. I have tried many things but was wondering if you had any secrets.

    Good luck with Alina. Can't wait to hear more about her.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! Oh, by the way, can you please give me the secret to wrestling her away from Max & Ruby? We haven't figured that one out yet...

    ReplyDelete